Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Tree!

     Alright, so here's some pretty spectacular info that I have researched and found out! Going up my mothers side of the family, Honey's (my grandmother) grandparents were named Sally and Ed Reed. Here's a picture of them and one of there daughters Gertrude, which would by my grandmothers aunt.
    Now hang in there with me, cause this is where it gets cool. So Ed, which his full name is, Thomas Edward Reed, was born in 1867. His father who was Joseph H. Read, had changed his name and the spelling of the last name to, James Madison Reed, giving the new spelling of Reed. Now I took a look back into the family origin names and meanings, and Read comes from the word Red or Ruddy.. Which was used as a term for a red-headed person. With that being said... The Reads came from Scotland and Ireland, and apparently many of them had red hair! So now I know where I got it from. I know who I am now. I am a ruddy, and proud to be one! I'm one crazy FC! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment